Notice: LiquidUU is officially retired and will not be getting updated to newer Minecraft versions. My reasoning is as follows:
IC2 has been outwardly stagnant for more than half a year now. While this is changing now, I've since discovered that I don't really miss it -- I'm playing quite happily without IC2.
Liquid UU-Matter (by which I mean the actual thing the mod creates) was never all that useful. I played some fairly long-term worlds with the mod available and never actually felt a need to liquify my UU-matter (mostly because I don't really produce much of the stuff in the first place). As sub-points to this:
- Liquid duplication is a cheap trick, and while the conversion ratios have gotten some balance, being able to duplicate liquids is not exceptionally useful. In the case of Forestry liquids, it's easy enough to just get more once you've gotten some in the first place; in the case of oil, one either doesn't use it, or doesn't want infinite quantities of it.
- Accelerating IC2 machine operations is nice... but it's also a lot more expensive than just waiting for processing to finish. Since time is rarely such an important resource that one cannot wait for the maceration of a stack of iron (or something) to finish, the accelerator becomes a fairly useless toy to keep around.
Liquid electrolysis, the last work-in-progress which was never finished, was aiming in the same general direction as liquid duplication -- storing EUs in liquid form is not exceptionally useful, given that you can always just make more of them, and that you can store large amounts easily enough in their natural form.
As such, and given all the above, LiquidUU is officially retired as of 2013-08-26. This page will remain here for historical reference.
Original page contents follow:
This page is primarily a download listing and change log. You'll want the IC2 forum thread for more details.
You may also be interested in the liquids conversion rationale.
Here are all the interesting downloads for LiquidUU:
- LiquidUU 0.7.12b, built with Minecraft 1.4.7, Forge build 499, IC2 1.112.192-lf, BuildCraft 3.4. Optional integrations: Forestry 220.127.116.11, NEI 18.104.22.168, Railcraft 6.14, Thermal Expansion 22.214.171.124.
- LiquidUU 0.7.11b, built with Minecraft 1.4.6, Forge build 472, IC2 1.112, BuildCraft 3.3.
- LiquidUU 0.7.9, built with Minecraft 1.4.5, Forge build 411, IC2 1.110, BuildCraft 3.2.2.
- LiquidUU 0.7.3, built with Minecraft 1.4.2, Forge build 355, IC2 1.108, BuildCraft 126.96.36.199.
- LiquidUU 0.7.2b, built with Minecraft 1.3.2, Forge build 318, IC2 1.107, BuildCraft 3.2.0pre9
There are more downloads available, but these are all the latest for their respective Minecraft and IC2 versions.
Special experimental versions
- None right now, but check back here after a Minecraft update and there might be one.
Change Log (reverse chronological order)
- v0.7.12: Updated Thermal Expansion integration to hopefully work better. Shifted some things around, breaking compatibility with v0.7.11 (trust me, it was necessary). Building against much newer versions of everything, hopefully not breaking backwards compatibility too badly in the process.
- v0.7.11b: Added an extra null pointer check to remove a crash that shouldn't happen, but somehow manages to do so.
- v0.7.11: Massively tweaked default conversion ratios, added Creosote Oil, IC2 Coolant, and Crushed Ice to conversions, removed water from conversions. Added liquid electrolyzed water. Made conversion (almost) fully configurable.
- v0.7.10: Updated to Minecraft 1.4.6, IC2 1.112, Buildcraft 3.3, Thermal Expansion 2.1.6, Forestry 188.8.131.52.
- v0.7.9: Updated to the new IC2 wrench API in v1.110.
- v0.7.8: Added Forge Liquid Dictionary support. If anyone else implements it, we'll have the same liquid. More or less.
- v0.7.7: Fixed an item duplication bug because Minecraft is weird sometimes.
- v0.7.6b: Took out some spammy debug messages I'd forgotten about.
- v0.7.6: ThermalExpansion's Liquid Transposer may no longer liquify UU, added accelerator and UU can to Creative inventory, made it possible for machines to hide their output (see issue #17).
- v0.7.5: Found missing tooltip -- it wasn't hiding very well.
- v0.7.4: Bug fix for a localization issue that was producing an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Also, official 1.4.4/5 release.
- v0.7.3: Updated to 1.4.2 properly, implemented shift-click from output slot (hopefully) correctly
- v0.7.2b: Straight-up repackage, nothing changed except some paths in the zip file, making the textures exist where they should be again.
- v0.7.2: Bugfix for accelerator connecting to any TileEntity, also some GUI touch-ups.
- v0.7.1: Bugfix release for NEI handing a null stack on mouse wheel transfer out of UUM slot.
- v0.7: Added Accelerator: use liquid UU to macerate/compress/extract/smelt faster.
- v0.6: Added Forestry integration: duplicate its liquids, put UU in Forestry cans, and use the Squeezer and Bottler to work with liquid UU.
- v0.5: Initial release: put UUM into tanks, use it in the refinery to duplicate basic liquids.